Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Women's March ♀️Anthem by MILCK🎼"I Can't Keep Quiet"

These Women Practiced
This Amazing Song Online
 Performed it During the 
Women's March on Washington 2017
This video showcases an inspiring group of women singing a poignant song called “I Can’t Keep Quiet” during the Jan 21, 2017 Women’s March on Washington.
It was written by the very talented Los Angeles musician MILCK, who led an acappella group in song as they walked around the D.C. area for the grassroots march, which was attended by an estimated half a million people.
“The #ICANTKEEPQUIET project is dedicated to celebrating our unique voices and identities, in an effort to break the cycles of oppression perpetuated by today’s media,” the website for the song/project states.

👇  ♪  📽️   ♪  👇

These women are from different states and never met till today. 
♀️ 👩  👩🏿‍🦰  👩🏼  👩🏻  👩‍🦰 ♀️
They practiced this song online. 
I was crying the whole time I filmed this. 
MILCK - "Quiet"  -  Published on Jan 16, 2017
As a survivor of anorexia, abuse, and depression, I can say that I have let the overwhelming pressures of filling media/society's expectations of "how a woman should be" overwhelm and silence my inner voices - without even realizing I was doing it. Until... I just couldn't breathe anymore. As I live more days on this planet now, I can say with full confidence that there are no standards or rules worth crushing our soul bones to fit into. Life gets better when we just... let it out. I hope you enjoy, and feel empowered or comforted after watching.  
If you see some of yourself in this video, please share and pass the word on.   Much love to you. 
👇  ♪  📽️   ♪  👇
Lyrics
“Quiet”
Written by MILCK and AG


Put on your face Cuz no one knows me no one ever will
Know your place if I don’t say something, take that dry blue pill
Shut up and smile they may see that monster, they may run away
Don’t spread your legs But I have to do this, do it anyway
I could do that I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh

I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh
But no one knows me no one ever will A one woman riot, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
if I don’t say something, if I just lie still Oh I can’t keep quiet
Would I be that monster, scare them all away
If I let the-em hear what I have to say Let it out Let it out   Let it out now

There’ll be someone who understands 
I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh Let it out Let it out   Let it out now
I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh Must be someone who’ll understand 
A one woman riot, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh Let it out Let it out   Let it out now

There’ll be someone who understands
I can’t keep quiet For anyone Anymore Let it out Let it out   Let it out now

I can’t keep quiet
SECOND DAY - Woke up to 2.5 million views! 
Hello world 
I'm a film and commercial director (www.almaharel.com) and was in the march to support women of all races around the world coming together and get heard. I did not know these women and the artist. I now found out she goes under the name of MILCK (Icantkeepquiet.org) and that she gathered women from all around the country to sing this #Anthem at the #WomensMarch . 
They practiced it online using Skype and they only met once before the march. Some met that day for the first time! I was lucky or sent (depending on your preference) to stumble upon her. My phone's battery died from the cold and I was lost and with out my friends who were back stage. I was wondering around trying to navigate the incredible crowds when I found my self this pocket of space around these women. When they started singing, I checked on my phone frustrated that it's dead and it suddenly sprung back to life... :) hence missing the beginning. This song and it's sentiment made me cry tears of relief the whole time I was filming it. The beauty and the harmony of their voices captured for me how women can come together to find their voice. I find it healing and empowering in the best possible way. 
No one can explain you the feeling of being surrounded by that number of women from every race who come together all around the world. 627 marches! #TOGETHERWERISE None of us are free until we are all free. This march was special because it accounted for all women of all races. Women of color and poor women are most likely to suffer more from this administration than anyone. Same goes for immigrants. We marched for people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native people, Muslims, people with disabilities and all our communities that "are hurting and scared" .ALSO stop trying to tell us we don't know what's happening in the middle east... I am from the middle east and this song is for women everywhere. 
Stop dividing us.
HUGE GRATITUDE to the 3 WOMEN OF COLOR WHO ORGANIZED WOMEN'S MARCH @TamikaDMallory @lsarsour @msladyjustice1 and to Angela Davis, Dolores Huerta, Gloria Steinem and the millions of women who marched! Let me finish by posting all the lyrics for I CAN'T KEEP QUIET. Let's make it our #Anthem. I hope to sing it with you on our next march because WHEN WE HARMONIZE THEY CAN'T DIVIDE US.

#TogetherWeRise #OneWomansRiot #iCantkeepquiet
 
 http://youngwomenmisbehavin.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/womenday.gif?w=388&h=278
MILCK Performs "Quiet"
With GW Sirens and Capital Blend
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
👇  ♪  📽️   ♪  👇

NPR - All Songs Considered 
Robin Hilton
The Los Angeles-based singer known as MILCK knew she wanted to do something memorable for the Women's March in Washington, D.C on Saturday. So she contacted a small group of other singers from across the country to coordinate a flash mob performance of MILCK's song "Quiet," an emotional rallying cry for self-empowerment and unity. The group of women rehearsed together via Skype and rendezvoused in D.C., where they performed a cappella versions of "Quiet" several times during the march.

Israeli director Alma Har'el captured part of one of the performances and posted it to her Twitter account and Facebook page, where it's accrued more than 8 million views.

The performance is unadorned and profoundly moving, capturing at least part of the mood that settled on the march, with a balance of defiance and love.

MILCK says she wrote the song as a way of exorcising her own history of physical and sexual abuse. "With this song, I feel like I'm finally allowing my truest inner self to be expressed," she said in a prepared statement announcing the song, which was officially released days before the weekend marches. "In this time of fear, propaganda and discrimination, it is critical for our individual and collective voices to be heard. With this song, I'm saying I am NOT the woman who is going to stay quiet where there are figures who promote oppression. I want to encourage others to give a voice to whatever they may have silenced, political or personal."
http://68.media.tumblr.com/97b7668e46458425d0815b97e66f6038/tumblr_og9b2fK4hU1tvd7rmo1_250.gif

No comments: