Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Christine McVie 💖 Songbird 🐦

Christine McVie 
🐦 Songbird 🐦
https://64.media.tumblr.com/ddac1ece997d27ff375966ed7d551e3f/794a7c0a21d39483-7a/s1280x1920/353019dee3d203cc59f1c6984db080e05aa7cb0c.jpg

Christine Anne McVie
(12 July 1943 – 30 Nov. 2022)
English musician and songwriter.
She was principally known as a Vocalist and Keyboardist with the band Fleetwood Mac. 
Songbird
👇   📺   👇
https://youtu.be/SCRln1kqUc4
https://64.media.tumblr.com/58ff8f7fc87f9685df2e29a0af31e1e2/794a7c0a21d39483-2e/s500x750/b0f8ed595a4c912a8e0c3d09d5eb2710f0038fc7.jpg
For us grown men & women, its alright to weep today, a songbird has passed on & we are all the better of treasuring this talented artist for this short period of time. RIP Christine M.

I'm crying today
😭 this one hit me hard. Rest in Peace Christine McVie 💕🌹🕊️

This is so perfect for her. No more tears, no more pain. Rest peacefully, you have brought joy to so many.
 
RIP Christine, God bless you for the wonderful music, for the most beautiful voice you have left us. Songbird is one of my favorite songs. Tears roll every time I listen to it. You will be missed.
 
RIP Christine McVie.  Through all the highs and lows of Fleetwood Mac you were always a strong, silent stabilizing force and kept it classy.  Thanks for this beautiful song and story, one of my go-to's when I need a reminder of what's good in the world. 
Christine McVie wrote one of her most famous songs for the classic rock super-group in thirty minutes.
👇   📺   👇
Lyrics
For you, there'll be no more crying
For you, the sun will be shining
And I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world
To you, I'll never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

And the songbirds are singing,
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before

And I wish you all the love in the world
But most of all, I wish it from myself

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before, like never before,
Like never before


Songbird
(2004 Remaster)
Vocals:  Stevie Nicks
Writer:  Christine McVie
https://64.media.tumblr.com/83544d0063e98d76e58a6475994897e8/794a7c0a21d39483-c4/s500x750/4a7e71ee75af369b253277c691198e8f5dac5e8d.jpg
Writing ‘Songbird’ Was
 ‘A Very Spiritual Thing’
by Grace Turney   Published on February 26, 2022
Fleetwood Mac star Christine McVie wrote one of her most famous songs for the classic rock supergroup in thirty minutes.

"Songbird" is a popular song by British American rock band Fleetwood Mac. It first appeared on the 1977 album Rumours and was released as the B-side of the single "Dreams". 
It is one of four songs written solely by Christine McVie on the album. She would frequently sing the song at concerts. The song came to McVie as the band was finishing up a recording session at the Sausalito Record Plant. Producer Ken Caillat loved the track and suggested she record it alone in a concert style approach. Their first venue of choice, the Berkeley Community Theatre, was unavailable, so the band instead booked the Zellerbach Auditorium for March 3, 1976. 
To create the appropriate ambience, Caillat ordered a bouquet of flowers to place on her piano. He then requested three spotlights to illuminate the flowers from above. When McVie arrived at the auditorium, the house lights were dimmed so her attention was immediately brought to the illuminated flowers on the piano. In order to capture the optimal performance, 15 microphones were placed around the auditorium. The recording session went into the next morning due the difficulty of recording the song live in one take. Lindsey Buckingham strummed an acoustic guitar offstage to keep the tempo
https://64.media.tumblr.com/68bb381698df0b15fe7202a54c81d5ad/794a7c0a21d39483-ff/s1280x1920/29b2333028d6fd5abfaa94a4a010887c4d45698c.jpg
General Comment

I think this is a beautiful love song, sung by a woman to the man she considers the love of her life.

"For you, they'll be no more crying
  For you, the sun will be shining"

She wishes that her lover experiences no pain. That he has only sunshine. Only happiness.  She believes that the sun actually SHINES for him. That his presence makes glorious things occur.

"I feel that when I'm with you,
  It’s alright, I know it's right"

When she is by his side she feels at peace. She thinks they were meant for each other.

"To you, I'll give the world,
  To you, I'll never be cold"

They have been through so much together. She loves him so much that she wants him to know she'd give him anything in her power.   They have previously hurt each other and she realizes how awful this is for both of them. She now feels complete trust and vows never to hurt him intentionally again.

"Cause I feel that when I am with you,
  It’s alright, I know it's right"

Again, she is saying that she feels so good when she is near him. Everything is "alright" when she is by his side.

"And the songbirds are singing like they know the score,
 And I love you, I love you, I love you, like never before"

Their love was written in the stars. It was meant to happen. The songbirds are singing about it! Her love for this man just keeps growing. She loves him "like never before". She has never loved someone (other than a child) this much.

"And I wish you all the love in the world,
 But most of all I wish it from myself"

She is saying that she would give him everything. All of the love in the world, if she could. She is also trying to give him all of the love from herself because it hurts her so much to care for someone this deeply.

"And the songbirds are singing like they know the score,
 And I love you, I love you, I love you, like never before"

No matter what happens in her life, she wants him to know that she loves him "like never before". She not only loves him more and more, but she has never been through anything like this in her life. She has experienced an incredible awakening, because of this love.

 
Song Meaning
🐦
Although this seems like a sad, goodbye song - it’s actually not. On 'classic albums - Rumors' Christine confirms that the song is her personal message to the rest of the band, because of everything that was going on at the time (her and Johns divorce, Stevie and Lindsey’s break up and Micks divorce). She was basically telling them that after even after everything, she loves them all and wishes them all the best in their lives.
🐦
This is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.
🐦
RIP Christine McVie. Tu étais l'âme du groupe Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks en étant le cœur.  Ta voix angélique me donnera toujours des frissons. Cette version orchestrale d'une de tes plus belles chansons que tu as donnée en juin 2022, est me semble-t-il ton plus beau cadeau de départ. Nous ne t'oublierons jamais
🐦
This song can have so many meanings; it can be seen as positive or negative. But that's what makes good music and great lyrics.
🐦
I personally believe this song is about a woman who loves her man dearly and who she wishes the best for, but she doesn’t feel that she gets the same.
🐦
The sun is shining for him, the birds are singing for him. And he can’t or doesn’t give that to her. So she wishes love for him but most of all for herself so that she can experience all the beautiful things he gets through her love.
🐦
I've listened to this song innumerable times since I first acquired it on vinyl in 1983 and every time it gives me chills as if it were the first time I ever heard it. It's a completely involuntary reaction with which I sometimes play a game to see if I can deliberately make it not happen - and I always lose.
🐦
The first two lines cause me to think it's about the death of a loved one but most everything after suggests she is singing from within a love relationship in which she is presently and intensely involved.
The somber tone, however, suggests separation and sadness. I've never inferred a single meaning from the lyrics of this song but rather multiple, often contradictory meanings - which may indicate the complexity in the situation in which the writer finds herself.
🐦
Quite possibly the most romantic song ever written. The thought that a man could deserve to have a song written for him like this is amazing.
🐦
Christine McVeigh, I love your work.
🐦
I don’t know, I prefer this version a lot more than Eva's
It's simpler, it sounds more pure, know what I mean? Eva's sounds much more drawn out ... yeh
🐦
I love this song; it's so sweet and romantic
🐦
I don't know why but I always pictured this song as being about a break-up, with "There'll be no crying for you, The sun will be shining for you" being about how she doesn't want it to be sad, or for either of them to be unhappy and "The songbirds will be singing like they know the score" about how only the birds seem to know what's been said between them, and about the break-up.
🐦
But after reading the other comments it does make more sense it being about a good relationship!
🐦
My Interpretation
I agree this is a goodbye, letting-go song. The final line "I wish you all the love in the world, but most of all I wish it from myself" implying he will *not* be getting love only from her.
🐦
It's a very sad, a very loving, and the most *generous* goodbye song I know of.
🐦
Christine Mcvie here is plugged into the timelessness and all encompassing presence of love that we are. At those moments, it doesn't even matter about the future [of the relationship that triggers this feeling] because the love in the present moment fills all the space.
And the line "I wish you all the love in the world, but most of all, I wish it for myself" is such an honest poignant call to the truth of outward love and our own wishes for ourselves to just BE such love.
As beautiful and touching as any song ever written.
🐦
Possibly one of the most beautifully simple, and pure, love songs ever written.
🐦
Christie McVie sings this beautiful love song from the heart. Makes me cry every time I hear it. I have lived this song only to have it end in a tragic accident. Never to be found again.
🐦
The most beautiful song in the world.
🐦
A real classy song, comparing it to a James blunt song may be a little premature, how can any song today be compared to a song that came out on one of the greatest albums ever (rumors)?
🐦
My boyfriend from 40 plus years ago came back into my life a couple of years ago. He sent me this song and I was very touched.
The interpretation of “postmortem” from nine years ago amazed us and touched us so much because it seems post mortem wrote our story. We had separated and both married someone else. Due to an unforeseen almost tragic hospitalization! My ex boyfriend found me and we rekindled our relationship. It is amazing how this song pertains to our relationship even more this time around. When he first sent it to me, I thought this was a breakup song and of course I cried. We talked about it and he explained the direct opposite of what I was feeling, he loves me more than way back then! That is why he came back to be my friend after so many years but our relationship turned into something much deeper than friends. We have found that pure and true love of the heart never dies; it just gets stronger and stronger with each passing moment. To him, I say I will love you forever. You imprinted me back then and we will always hold onto that love no matter what comes our way. “I am My Beloveds and My Beloved is Mine”!
🐦
This song is definitely up there with Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt. Both artists, him and Christine McVie, have great voices and they both play piano. It's just the similarity I'm mentioning of course but this song rules. My mum loves it too and I've seen her cry after the song's finished, but doesn't everyone?
🐦
I'm sorry but "up there with Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt", what rubbish. That song is a bland, boring nursery rhyme sung by a bland boring man with a voice of a squeaky pubescent teen.
Songbird however is a beautifully written and beautifully sung love song by a talented artist. If you want to put it "up there" with anything then try Etta James and At Last.
🐦
Many years ago I saw FM at Wembley. This was one of their encores. The beautiful simplicity of Christine’s voice and piano playing, over the crowd was amazing.
🐦
The pain that they were feeling at the time (the split very soon after) always comes over in this song. Eva Cassidy could not, IMO, do it justice.
🐦
And James Blunt is not in the same league, but such a long way.
🐦
Absolutely beautiful, touches my heart every time I hear it.
🐦
Best version-Willie nelson
🐦
Eva Cassidy by far owns this song. It may have been written by McVie, but, and of course this is in my opinion, and I love Fleetwood Mac, Eva's version is stunning. Too bad she isn't still around as I would love to hear more of her.
🐦
Fantastic song but wondering is it about a "Break Up"?
🐦
I'm in a marital separation and heard this song on my roommate’s sound system...wow!!! Cut me to the core. I have heard it many years before and have seen Fleetwood Mac in concert at Alpine Valley Wisconsin many years ago.
🐦
Right now I can't say what it's about...all I know is that the current woman that has been in my life the past 2 years has this kind of impact in my life... Yes this was an affair partner. But none the less...this woman’s love is amazing...I just wish I had had the same love for my (soon to be ex) wife...it's sad
🐦
Although this seems like a sad, goodbye song - it’s actually not. On 'classic albums - Rumors' Christine confirms that the song is her personal message to the rest of the band, because of everything that was going on at the time (her and Johns divorce, Stevie and Lindsey’s break up and Micks divorce). She was basically telling them that after even after everything, she loves them all and wishes them all the best in their lives.
🐦
Christine McVie wrote a beautiful song, I think it could be interpreted either way, love song and goodbye song, but I have a feeling that for Christine it's a goodbye song.  Btw Willie Nelson's covered it in his 2006 album with the same name and it turned out fantastic, I guess one could not expect less of him.
🐦
Rest in peace Christine McVie

 🐦
https://64.media.tumblr.com/3eebc432d5682c842f58f9a60477b5fb/794a7c0a21d39483-ce/s1280x1920/5e89f5fba6cff393fae2d434968505a4ffead75e.pnj
Eva Marie Cassidy
Born February 2, 1963 in Washington
Died November 2, 1996 in Bowie, Maryland 
👇   📺   👇
OMG incredible!!! Eva was only discovered after she died when her father released all her recordings. Apparently she never thought she was good enough!!!! She's incredible and died so young of cancer... heart breaking ! 

Christine McVie & Eva are singing in harmony now. These 2 angels are now at peace💫 

You have inhabited this song and made Christine McVie’s masterpiece your own. Your voice soars like a songbird. This song still slays me after all these years…❤️‍💔❤️‍🩹 

As expected, Eva Cassdy's song has a appealing and beautiful voice. When I listen to this song, there are times when I tear up without knowing it. It's a song I listen to often when I'm lonely. Thank you. 

No comments: