Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Amadeus 🎬 Milos Forman ♫

Amadeus
♫  Milos Forman ♫
https://68.media.tumblr.com/7961822a41e0d7af3529111e5a7fb94c/tumblr_ousk0eYa9O1urtgw2o8_r1_1280.jpg
 « I will speak for you.   
I speak for all mediocrities in the world.
I am their champion. I am their patron saint.»
https://68.media.tumblr.com/79618cf1379ca35077ef03c94d914abc/tumblr_ouskx7QlAl1urtgw2o4_500.gif
«Forgive me, Majesty. I am a vulgar man. But I assure you, my music is not. »
« Forgive me, Majesty. I am a vulgar man. But I assure you, my music is not. »

«Sire, only opera can do this. In a play if more than one person speaks at the same time, it’s just noise, no one can understand a word. But with opera, with music… with music you can have twenty individuals all talking at the same time, and it’s not noise, it’s a perfect harmony!»
— Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Amadeus, 1984)
«This was a music I’d never heard. Filled with such longing, such unfulfillable longing, it had me trembling. It seemed to me that I was hearing the voice of God.»

«His funeral! Imagine it, the cathedral, all Vienna sitting there, his coffin, Mozart’s little coffin in the middle, and then, in that silence, music! A divine music bursts out over them all. A great mass of death! Requiem mass for Wolfgang Mozart, composed by his devoted friend, Antonio Salieri! Oh what sublimity, what depth, what passion in the music! Salieri has been touched by God at last. And God is forced to listen! Powerless, powerless to stop it! I, for once in the end, laughing at him!»

«From now on we are enemies. You and I. Because You choose for your instrument a boastful lustful, smutty, infantile boy and give me for reward only the ability to recognize the incarnation.»

«He killed Mozart and kept me alive to torture! 32 years of torture! 32 years of slowly watching myself become extinct. My music growing fainter, all the fainter till no one plays it at all.»

«I will speak for you. I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint.»

« Your… merciful God. He destroyed His own beloved, rather than let a mediocrity share in the smallest part of His glory.»
 
«All I ever wanted was to sing to God.  He gave me that longing… and then made me mute.  Why?  Tell me that.  If He didn’t want me to praise Him with music, why implant the desire, like a lust in my body, and then deny me the talent? »
  – Antonio Salieri, Amadeus (1984)

«My plan was so simple. It terrified me. First I must get the death mass and then, I must achieve his death.»
-Salieri

« On the page it looked nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse - bassoons and basset horns - like a rusty squeezebox. Then suddenly - high above it - an oboe, a single note, hanging there unwavering, till a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This was a music I’d never heard. Filled with such longing, such unfulfillable longing, it had me trembling. It seemed to me that I was hearing the very voice of God.»   
 

No comments: