Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2020

Heat Wave ☀️ Martha ♫ Vandellas

Martha and the Vandellas
Love is Like a Heatwave
Lyrics
♪♫ 🌞  🔥 ☀️ 🔥  💥  🔥  🌞  💥  ☀️  🔥 🌞 ♪♫

'Heatwave' - Marilyn Monroe
There's No Business Like Show Business (1954)


'Heat Wave'
Written by Irving Berlin
Film: There's No Business Like Show Business (1954)
Starring: Marilyn Monroe, Ethel Merman, Donald O'Connor, Dan Dailey, Hugh O'Brian, Mitzi Gaynor
♪♫ 🌞  🔥 ☀️ 🔥  💥  🔥  🌞  💥  ☀️  🔥 🌞 ♪♫
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
🌞 Heat Wave 🔥
(1963)

Writers  Lamont Dozier, Brian Holland, Edward Holland
“Heat Wave" is a 1963 song, produced and composed with a gospel backbeat, jazz overtones and, doo-wop call and responsive vocals.
"Heat Wave" was one of the first songs to exemplify the style of music later termed as the "Motown Sound".
Lead vocals – Martha Reeves
Background vocals – Rosalind Ashford and Annette Beard
Instrumentation by the Funk Brothers
Although we like the original song a lot, for the recording we have been inspired a little in some details of the version of "The Who", changing even some parts of the lyrics, varying the structure and making the mythical answers of the "Oh, Yeah!".
♪♫ 🌞  🔥 ☀️ 🔥  💥  🔥  🌞  💥  ☀️  🔥 🌞 ♪♫

 Ella Fitzgerald
🌞 Heat Wave ☀️
 "Heat Wave"   Ella Fitzgerald

Writers:  Ira Gershwin, DuBose Heyward, George Gershwin
♪♫ 🌞  🔥 ☀️ 🔥  💥  🔥  🌞  💥  ☀️  🔥 🌞 ♪♫
Linda Ronstadt
Heat Wave
(Re-mastered)
 https://78.media.tumblr.com/c78ae099eada81166b03bd9460fca5c3/tumblr_peoqdksBbG1smcbl0o2_r1_500.gif
 ♪♫ 🌞  🔥 ☀️ 🔥  💥  🔥  🌞  💥  ☀️  🔥 🌞 ♪♫ 
 Martha & The Vandellas
Heatwave - 1965  LIVE
♪♫ 🌞  🔥 ☀️ 🔥  💥  🔥  🌞  💥  ☀️  🔥 🌞 ♪♫
The Donelles
Heatwave
(Martha Reeves and The Vandellas´s Cover)

Heatwave (Love Is Like A)
Whenever I'm with him
Something inside Starts to burning
And I'm filled with desire  Could it be the devil in me
Or is this the way love's supposed to be
Just like a heatwave   Burning in my heart
Can't keep from crying  It's tearing me apart
Whenever he calls my name  So slow, sweet and plain
I feel, yeah, yeah, well I feel that burning flame
Has my blood pressure got a hold on me
Or is this the way love's supposed to be
Just like a heatwave Burning in my heart
Can't keep from crying   It's tearing me apart
Sometimes I stare in space   Tears all over my face
I can't explain it, don't understand it
I 'ain't never felt like this before
But that doesn't mean it has me amazed
I don't know what to do, my head's in a haze
Just like a heatwave  Burning in my heart
Can't keep from crying  It's tearing me apart
Don't pass up this chance
This time it's a true romance
♪♫ 🌞  🔥 ☀️ 🔥  💥  🔥  🌞  💥  ☀️  🔥 🌞 ♪♫ 
  Linda Ronstadt
Heat Wave

No comments: