1. The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2. The state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. A terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.
Pray for places that see this kind of violence - some on a daily basis...
Because we are all...
- Alexandria, Egypt Palm Sunday church bombings: A suicide bomber has detonated an explosion outside Saint Mark’s Church in Alexandria’s Manshyia district. 16 persons were killed and 66 others were injured. There was also an explosion in Chouhada Street in Alexandria. 04-09-2017
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Charlie Hebdo, Paris 7 January 2015
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Iraq Baghdad: 35 persons were killed and 45 others were injured in four suicide attacks in Baghdad. 05-20-2017
- Iraq, Mosul: At least 17 Iraqi soldiers were killed in suicide attacks by Daesh militants in the northern city of Mosul.
- Manchester Arena bombing: A suicide bomber at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester killing at least 22 concertgoers and injuring around 120 others.
- Marawi City, Philippines: #PrayForMarawi 05-23-2017
- Mastung, Pakistan 2017 Mastung bombing: 28 people were killed and 37 were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up in Pakistan's city of Mastung. Islamic State claimed responsibility. 05-12-2017
- Nice, France, 14 July 2016
- Paris, Saint-Denis Bataclan theatre: 13 November 2015
- Syria 15 civilians were killed while 63 others, most of whom are women and children, were injured in an Islamic State terrorist attack.
- Turkey, Ankara
- West Bank,
- Zabul, Afghanistan: 20 Afghan policemen were killed and 15 others were injured when Taliban fighters stormed multiple security outposts in Zabul.
- Greensboro, North Carolina Charleston church shooting: a mass shooting took place at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Nine people were killed, including the senior pastor, Clementa C. Pinckney, a state senator. A tenth victim was also shot, but survived. . June 17, 2015
- Massachusetts Boston Marathon bombing: Two bombs detonated within seconds of each other near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing 3 and injuring more than 180 people. April 15, 2013
- Orlando nightclub shooting: 49 people were killed and 53 were injured in a terrorist attack at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. June 12, 2016
- San Bernardino attack: A mass shooting occurred at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, with 14 dead and 22 injured. December 2, 2015
- Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting:
Six people were killed and three others were injured, including a police
officer who was tending to victims at a Sikh
temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Aug. 5, 2012
💔 And so many more....😪
List of terrorist incidents in May 2017
Terrorism in the United States:
Rand Database of Worldwide Terrorism Incidents contains data on 40,129 terrorist attacks that took place from 1968 to 2009.1 Each incident is logged with a date, location, the number of injuries and fatalities, and a brief description of the attack, among other details. One piece of information that’s missing: Did we care?