Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Mahalia Jackson "Walk With Me"

Mahalia Jackson
"Walk With Me"


"Gospels, Spirituals & Hymns" (Vol.1)

Walk with me, Lord! Walk with me!
Walk with me, Lord! Walk with me!
While I'm on my pilgrim journey,
I need You, Jesus, to walk with me.

Be my friend, Lord! Be my friend!
Be my friend, Lord! Be my friend!
While I'm on this tedious journey,
I need You, Jesus, to be my friend.

Don't leave me alone, Lord!
Don't leave me alone!
Don't leave me alone, Lord!
Don't leave me alone!
While I'm on my pilgrim journey,
I need You, Jesus --
Don't leave me alone!

Marion Williams
I Want Jesus To Walk With Me.

This recording show the soul and versatility of Ms. Marion Williams which was recorded in France in the early 1980's. 
Very few people have ever heard this recording. She was truly the greatest Gospel singers Ever. "Stated the Rolling Stone" Though Mahalia Jackson was the queen of Gospel, Marion Williams was her greatest competitors.


May the Lord walk beside you to comfort you.
May the Lord walk above you to watch over you.
May the Lord walk behind you to keep you safe.
May the Lord walk before you to show you the way.

No comments: